Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A New Direction

I went to the Library last week and to my surprise I was able to find a lot of information on the Royal Theater. I found a paper that was written several years ago by a student who attended Morgan State University, Pictures, and a few articles. I was very excited to have come in contact with this information; however, it still wasn’t enough. It was kind of frustrating that I was unable to find the information I was looking for. Most of the pictures and articles were about the people who performed at the Royal and how it was one of the best places to be in the African American community. I wanted to know more about the owners of the Theater and things that went on behind the curtains.
After having a conversation with my professor, I decided to broaden my topic and research “Pennsylvania Avenue and The Royal Theater.” The Royal Theater was located on Pennsylvania Avenue and during that time Pennsylvania Avenue was known as the heart of Black Baltimore. Now that my topic has changed, I have more work to do. I’m going to take you back to the 1920’s, a time when people in Baltimore just had fun and the entertainment industry was astonishing; but more Importantly I will educate you on what it was like for Black’s during that time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment