Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Final Thoughts on Pennsylvania Avenue

Studying Pennsylvania Avenue was overall an amazing experience. I learned the good, the bad, and the not so much discussed. While I was in class the other day watching the documentary on “lil Menvin” the beginning of the video was a little disturbing. It started out by saying “Baltimore is known for many things; Camden Yards, its Inner Harbor, crab cakes, and Heroine.” To the rest of the world, Baltimore may be known for drugs and food. However, to me Baltimore has such a rich history that contributes to society. Pennsylvania Avenue was one of the most well known places for entertainment in the United States. It was known as the heart of Black Baltimore. However The Avenue was also a welcoming place for people of all races. Although the Avenue will never be the same as it was in the 20’s it still has remarkable history. Today I took my last trip to the library and I discovered that there are plans to rebuild Pennsylvania Avenue. I’m not sure if the NAACP is serious about this, but according to newspaper articles there has been some discussion for many years. Overall, I hope I answered all of one’s questions involving Pennsylvania Avenue and The Royal Theater. Hope you enjoyed my blog as much as I did conducting research.

No comments:

Post a Comment